Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Series pictures






The first picture i took was of my drum set. I put a yellow par can (light) on the set and picked an angle that looked right. I think that the soft yellow tone throughout the picture really unifies it. I think that the drum sticks/snare is the focal point of this picture.

The second picture i took was at my church. There is a table with the elemnts on it for communion. I was just messing around with the settings on my camera and i found one that looked awesome... it pulled alot of darker colors out of the photo. I also used some extra lighting laying around to accomplish the darker photo with the warm glowing of the candle.

The last picture i took after school today. i was walking by and i saw the tree. The lighting was just right. The way the light was reflecting off of the snow made it look like the crystals were glowing with a white/blue color. i thought that the brown of the branches also made the color of the snow pop.

The overall theme i tried to convey was the use of color and light. In each picture i used the light that i had available to make the image have unity. overall i think i was pretty successful in doing so.

2)How would you define fine art photography?
I think that fine art photography has to do alot with mood and color. The different mood you want your picture to have directly reflects the colors you should use. as well as the colors you use, brings out a mood in the picture. so in other words i would define fine art photography as the use of color and mood to portrey a certain item/scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment